2022 Model Train Show
100 West High St
Youth "Make and Take" Activity
- For more information visit: Youth Activities
- model train sets, locomotives and cars
- track and switches
- electronic equipment to operate the trains and accessories
- model semi-trucks and trailers, pickup trucks and cars
- kits for building structures and houses
- scenery materials to build the scenic landscape along the railroad
- railroad related photographs and books
- For information on participating: Vendor InquiryUnder Construction
- The NMRA booth has information about model railroading
- Monticello Railroad Museum
- Illinois Traction Society
- Danville Chapter of National Railroad Historical Society
- Chicago and Eastern Illinois Railroad Historical Society
- Champaign, Havana and Western Railroad Historical Society
can provide information about the history of railroads located in central Illinois
Children are invited to participate in a project where the child and parent team (a parent or legal guardian is required) will construct one of the age appropriate railroad models shown below, under the guidance of an NMRA Illinois Terminal Division instructor.
Enjoy the Train Show featuring operating layouts in G, HO, and N scales including a layout where children can make the train move as it switches cars on the layout, and an indoor train ride where the children make the car they are riding go along the rails.
The Train Show features numerous vendors selling new and used items in G, O, HO, and N scales.
The Venue has free parking and is wheel chair accessible.
Refreshments are available at three locations on site
- Baldarotta’s Porketta & Sicilian Sausage at the food court at the junction of the west and north entrances
- Stango Cuisine at the south entrance
- Common Ground food Cooperative deli located on the east side through the diagonal hallway located near the east entrance.
Brought to you by
The Illinois Terminal Division
of the National Model RR Association
For information, contact Mike Lehman